Plenty of you read Paul ’s insights every week here at Banyan Hill. But just briefly, let me tell you about the first time I met our Profits Unlimited editor…
His market conviction is what makes that first encounter easy to remember.
Remember, at the start of 2016, the S&P 500 fell off the table. It dropped 10% in just a handful of days. As January turned to February, it appeared to some that “The Big One” — after a six-year bull market — might have arrived.
Coincidentally, Paul flew to our Florida offices for a “get to know you” lunch. Someone asked Paul about the troubles in the market.
No one expected to hear what he said next…
“Buy stocks,” he said quietly.
What about the anemic economy? What about the crash in oil prices? Rising consumer debt?
“That’s old news,” said Paul. “Companies are reporting better-than-expected profits and sales. That’s the new info no one realizes yet.”
As Paul noted to Banyan Hill readers in his very first article, a woman on his departure flight after our meeting asked him the same questions about the market. He gave her the same answer, too.
That was 12 months ago (and a gain of 14%, or 250 points, on the S&P 500).
Why am I bragging about all this?
It’s partly because we’re going to launch Paul’s newest service in the coming days. We’re calling it Extreme Fortunes. Paul’s targeting 1,000%-plus gains in small-company stocks. (We’re still getting all our preparations in order, but if you want to get on a list for more info on the new service, just click here.)
It’s also because Paul’s a humble person. You won’t hear him say much about his well-deserved success. (So I’m going to say it for him.)
And partly it’s because anyone who’s read Paul’s work in the past year has gotten a lot of great money-making info:
- February 25, 2016: Paul said: Buy gold stocks. His pick, VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE Arca: GDX), rose more than 60% in the following four months.
- April 14, 2016: He noted timber’s steady year-in, year-out returns. Buy timber ETFs, he said. The two funds he listed are each up more than 12% since then.
- June 16, 2016: He said to buy chip stocks, specifically the VanEck Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSE Arca: SMH). That ETF is up more than 30% to date.
Remember, that’s Paul’s free advice. His paying subscribers have even more reason to shout.
Turning Mega Trends Into Mega Profits
He’s made 11 recommendations since we started publishing Profits Unlimited. His top two performers are up a respective 31% and 43% — in less than four months. His worst recommendation is down a whopping 3%.
That’s why we’re getting inundated with fan emails too…
- From Cris F.: “For the first time, I don’t feel frustrated with the rich being the only people making financial gains. Since I joined Profits Unlimited, I have managed a return of nearly 20% on my investments.”
- From Christine S.: “I’m in the tech industry and really identify with the mega trends you have outlined. My portfolio is up with 142% total gains across all positions.”
- From Bryan S.: “I have purchased every single pick Paul has recommended, and, collectively, my total return on Paul’s recommendations over the last seven months is well beyond 30%.”
I could go on, but you get the point.
As a former public television business journalist, I’ve interviewed and observed a lot of stock pickers on and off Wall Street. Some are perennial bulls. Others are permabears, “value players” or “growth guys.”
Paul is none of those. He just focuses on the simplest of all measures for picking stocks: He wants to buy ones that are going up.