The 5G Stock Move to Make Right Now
- The 5G revolution is here! And it’s not only going to change our lives … it’s going to mint millionaires who invest in this tech today. Especially this 5G stock.
- Over the next five years, 1.9 billion 5G smartphones will be shipped, growing nearly 180% by 2023.
- Paul Mampilly reveals the unsung company at the heart of the 5G revolution, his 5G stock pick.
Fifteen years ago, we couldn’t imagine how smartphones would change the way we live.
Now we are never without them.
If you invested in smartphones then, you’d be sitting on profits up to 1,500%.
And today, 5G technology is about to catapult smartphones — and our everyday lives — into the future again.
This opportunity will be even BIGGER.
In fact, the fifth-generation (5G) wireless network is going to bring about a new digital world we can barely dream about. It’ll make our current smartphones seem like rotary landlines.
But smartphones are only the beginning…
5G will make it possible for:
- Self-driving cars to take you to and from work.
- Virtual reality home entertainment systems to make 3D films seem quaint and old-fashioned.
- Smart home tech to tell you when your lights are about to burn out, your home heating and AC system needs repair or your fridge is about to go on the fritz.
These changes are not only going to change how we live, but make a lot of smart investors into millionaires … if they get in early.
And today, I’ll tell you two ways to get in on the internet revolution today and the best 5 stocks to get your piece of this world-changing event.
Don’t Get Left in the Dust — the 5G Revolution Is Happening Now
I can’t go anywhere without seeing someone with a smartphone in hand.
Just this past weekend, when I was out shopping, I counted no fewer than 14 people — from teens to adults — walking with one.
According to Pew Research, 81% of Americans now own a smartphone, up from 35% in 2011.
On top of owning them, the number of hours we spend staring at their screens has also soared.
Per a recent study by ZDNet and Provision Living, the average American spends 5.4 hours a day on their smartphone.
On average, millennials spend 5.7 hours on their smartphones while baby boomers spend 5 hours per day.
Also, per Pew Research, a growing number of American adults are now “smartphone-only” internet users.
This means they do not use home broadband services. Their smartphones are their main access to the internet.
So, based on these statistics, you can see smartphones are an integral part of most people’s lives. So you might think: What’s left to gain with these devices?
Well, stay tuned, because there’s more to the story. This is where the 5G revolution comes into play.
5G technology is set to revolutionize our smartphones.
The 5G revolution has been years in the making:
- 1G of the 1970s and 1980s gave people the ability to make mobile phone calls.
- 2G in the 1990s let cellphone users make conference calls and roam.
- 3G of the 2000s gave smartphone users the ability to make face-to-face video calls, connect to the internet and email.
- 4G of the 2010s allows users to have high-speed internet connections to play video games and livestream.
- 5G is set to give us smartphones with state-of-the-art virtual and augmented reality capabilities as well as connected cars, self-driving cars, seamless home automation, Internet of Things devices, smart grids and smart cities.
Right now, here’s a map showing where 5G wireless coverage is currently available in the U.S.:
So, with the 5G revolution upon us, those who may be toting smartphones without its capabilities will soon need to upgrade their smartphones in 2020 and beyond.
Take China, for instance.
The 5G rollout is in full force.
Just this past Friday, per a Barron’s report:
Chen Zhaoxiong, vice minister of China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, announced at a Beijing conference that the country’s three major wireless carriers … will begin selling 5G services to consumers on (Friday, November 1, 2019) in 50 major cities.
People with older 4G smartphones that are not 5G capable will be left in the dust.
2 Opportunities for the Blazing 5G Market Today
The latest forecasts from International Data Corporation (IDC) predict that in 2020 the smartphone market is set to ramp up thanks to 5G.
TechRepublic reports that: “IDC expects 5G shipments to reach 8.9% of smartphones shipped in 2020, accounting for 123.5 million devices shipped.”
Canalys projects 1.9 billion 5G-enabled smartphones will ship by 2023. This will account for 51% of all smartphone shipments surpassing 4G smartphones. The compound annual growth rate of 5G smartphone shipments between 2019 and 2023 is projected to be 179.9%.
Here are two great ways to play this smartphone renaissance:
- Paul Mampilly has also had his eye on the 5G revolution. You see, 5G is more than just advanced phone networks — it’s the entire framework for the Internet of Things. And Paul has uncovered the “unsung hero” of 5G in this new special report, which you can get here.
- And now for the 5G stock to buy. Consider investing in the First Trust IndXX NextG ETF (Nasdaq: NXTG). This exchange-traded fund (ETF) seeks to include only companies that have devoted material resources or made material commitments to the use of 5G technology.
Per First Trust Portfolios, this ETF is “designed to track the performance of companies that have devoted, or have committed to devote, material resources to the research, development and application of fifth generation (‘5G’) and next generation digital cellular technologies as they emerge.”
Year to date, the total return for this 5G-focused ETF is up 22.7%.
I am excited to see how these massive 5G stock opportunities unfold … and what my new 5G smartphone can do!
Until next time,
Director of Investment Research, Banyan Hill Publishing