The Banyan Hill is looking for qualified and talented individuals to join our expanding team. The following position(s) are available:
WordPress Mid-Level Web Developer
The Web & Technology Team at The Sovereign Society is seeking a WordPress designer/developer to help produce and maintain amazing custom top-tier WordPress sites at a high-growth, quality driven and entrepreneurial company.
As a top candidate for this role, you will have a passion for building innovative, user-friendly, and responsive website experiences. The Mid-Level Web Developer will also help conceptualize and develop digital communications; and rich media including but not limited to banners, microsites, landing pages, email campaigns, and applications.
You will work from website concept to completion and interface internally with e-commerce, marketing and web teams to expand, maintain & design our WordPress sites and advance the overall website platform. You will be skilled at project management, organization, client communication, and website development and design, including designing and executing markup (HTML/CSS).
The job is a full-time, in-house position based in Delray Beach, FL.
- Design and build best-in-class websites, landing promotional pages and microsites
- Work to ensure designs are technologically sound
- Optimize websites to ensure they render consistently in cross-browser environments, with best SEO principles
- Build & maintain WordPress themes optimized for mobile and tablet devices.
- Customize base WordPress themes
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline the development cycle
- Document processes and code in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner
- Provide input to help improve site usability, interface design, architecture, layout and content
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance of existing websites
- Collaborate with e-Commerce and marketing departments to help improve the customer experience and increase conversions
- Report, track and fix website bugs
- 4+ years of professional experience in web design
- Knowledge of the best practices and limitations of web design (layout widths, typography, image optimization, etc.)
- Capable of taking pixel perfect Photoshop artwork and executing into HTML and CSS
- Experience with dynamic or database driven websites, also known as Content Management Systems (CMS), including extensive knowledge of WordPress
- Up to date with new CSS3 and HTML5 techniques
- Extensive experience with Responsive and mobile design techniques
- Experience de-bugging cross browser issues and troubleshooting development complications
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience creating WordPress PHP & HTML templates
- Experience with Subversion or GitHub
- Experience with bug tracking and project management software like Jira, Basecamp or Salesforce
Send a cover letter detailing why this job is for you along with your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com